Christine teaches a ‘Somatic’ and lively style of Pilates, and yoga, movement therapy, a way of re-educating the way our senses move our muscles and bones. Somatic practices bring you into a better relationship with your body. She was first drawn to Pilates as a means to correct poor posture whilst at University, and then as a means to heal from injuries and support her own physical idiosyncrasies. Meditation and mindfulness (meditation on the moment) play a large part in Christine’s practice and teaching; having had profound effects on her personal well-being, she knows these are key techniques to a healthy balanced life.
With a healthy balance of humour, energy, and compassion. Christine aims to share creative and authentic ways for clients to further discover and sharpen their felt-senses. The core-focus will be on strengthening the connection between mind and body, typically resulting in improved balance, coordination, and self-awareness.
With nearly ten years of teaching experience, Christine combines her passion for movement with her background in the sciences to help navigate holistic teachings. She continues to submerse herself in ‘Somatic Movements’ – these interests extend to dancing and martial arts.
All are welcome in her classes – from the overly flexible to the totally inflexible, from the nervous to the lethargic. As one delves deeper into the psyche and the body, recognising and owning all these parts will help one to ‘simply be more at ease with being one’s self.’
Challenges are how we grow, mistakes make us human and, learning from them brings us wisdom. Christine is also dyslexic, but continues to write, in her own way as this is something which she has loved since a young age (therefore do excuse the odd grammatical faux pas).
We are constantly reminded that this life can end at any time, why waste time being any less than YOUR personal BEST?….
Qualifications to date include:
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Physical Activity and Life Style Strategies for Managing Low Back Pain
- Exercise referral REPS Level 3-4 accredited course for working with special populations
- Nutritionist Level 4 (ABC Awards Accredited) Diploma
- Nervous System, Endocrine System, Fascial/Ligamentous Systems, Skeletal system, Muscular system, Reflexes, and Ontogenetics Training with BMC (Body Mind Centring) Somatic Education Course
- Anatomy Train in Motion 3 Days Fascial Training, deepening education of structural integration in movement
- Pregnancy and Post Natal Yoga, trained with appleyoga
- Meditation Tuition Teachers Diploma (breath work, mindfulness & guided visualisation) CMA accredited course
- 200hr Ashtanga (Fast, Strong and Meditative Yoga) Yoga Alliance (YA) accredited Course
- Mat Work Pilates (all about the posture and core control spliced up with Anatomy & Physiology in deep) REPS Level 3 accredited course
- 100hr Anusara (Alignment, Open Heart and Graceful Flow Yoga) YA UK accredited course
- Rainbow Kids Yoga (fun, exciting and energetic kids, teens, and families yoga) YA accredited course
- Reiki and Seichem Mastery (Safe, balancing, and non-invasive holistic healing method)
Christine’s history also includes a BSc in Bioinformatics at University in Manchester and has worked within corporate pharmaceutical and software companies. She has worked in a multitude of other client-facing roles and enjoys to connect with people from all walks of life.
photo by © Alexander Short